Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Found Treasure! My Candy Candy Sketchpad!

A few months ago during a bust of Spring cleaning, I was going through boxes of old stuff that I had stored up in the attic and discovered my prized Candy Candy sketchbook I got when I was a kid living on Okinawa. I loved this sketchbook. I loved drawing the little mice and cat on the front cover as well as Candy Candy's eyes!

A Little About Candy Candy
Candy Candy is a Japanese novel, manga and anime series. Candice "Candy" White Ardlay, a blonde American girl with long blonde, curly hair worn in pigtails with pretty bows is the main character. Candy Candy originated in 1975 in a novel by Japanese author Kyoko Mizuki. The Candy Candy character soon developed into a manga series for the Japanese magazine, Nakayoshi when Mizuki partnered with manga artist, Yumiko Igarashi. The story of Candy Candy was later adapted into an anime series as well as several movies. The movies were never released outside of Japan. ~Information from Wikipedia

Below are videos of the opening and closing theme songs for the Candy Candy anime series!








List of Candy Candy Anime Episodes


Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment